FKS Soccer Stars 1977-1978
- Season: 1977-1978
- League: English First Division
- Publisher: FKS
- Pages: 32
- Stickers: 400
- Shinys: None
- Signature Edition: No
- Star Ratings: No
- 3D: No
- Album Available: No
- Hardcover Binder: No
- Sticker Dimensions: 48mm x 68mm
The FKS Soccer Stars 1977/78 football sticker stamp album starts with 8 sticker spots on the inside front cover for several of the team's photographs. The teams included are Aston Villa, Everton, Ipswich Town, Leicester City, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Newcastle United. The facing page shows the introduction, which discusses all the changes and developments of the Football League since it began in 1888.
The first team to appear in the 1977-1978 Soccer Stars album is Arsenal. 14 football stickers are allocated to each club, arranged in neat rows across the page and interspersed with colour, and black and white, photographs of the teams in action. The clubs each get a single page, and as in the other FKS picture stamp albums, the statistics and biographies of each player are recorded below where the sticker itself sits.
The last page shows team photograph stickers for those teams who weren't covered on the inside front cover.
Did you know...?
- The 1978 FKS album featured blank sticker backs, instead the name and number was placed on the front.
- According to the introduction to the FKS Soccer Stars 1977/78 Picture Stamp Album, the first ever change made to the Football League came in 1891 when the number of competing team was increased from 12 to 14.
- The introduction also states that the original members of the Football League were Accrington, Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanederers, Burnley, Derby County, Everton, Notts County, Preston North End, Stoke, West Bromwich Albion and Wolverhamption Wanderers.
- All of these teams still play in the English leagues at one level or another!
|Back to Soccer Stars 1970|||||Next to FKS Soccer Stars 80|
|Also Panini Football '78|